Early Head Start is a federally funded community-based early childhood program for income eligible families. It is designed to promote healthy pregnancies, to enhance the development and growth of very young children, and to support positive parenting.
Full time child care is available free in high quality family child care homes throughout San Jose.
Home visiting weekly with a child development professional is offered in your home and playgroups twice monthly. This free program offers opportunities to learn about child development and community resources.
4C Council EHS works to empower families as they develop goals for themselves and their children. Staff and parents develop individualized family development plans that focus on the child's developmental needs and the family's social and economic needs.
To view the 2015 Early Head Start Annual Report click here.
Some resources offered include:
- child development information
- comprehensive health and mental health services
- adult education, literacy, and job skills training to facilitate family self-sufficiency
- assistance in obtaining income support, safe housing, or emergency cash, and
- information about transportation to program services.
Services provided include:
- prenatal education
What do I need to enroll in Early Head Start?
- child's birth documentation
- documentation of residence in San Jose
- child's immunization record
- family income verification (all applicable sources of income [TANF, SSI, unemployment, child support, current paystubs, Income Tax Form 1040, etc])
CALL NOW FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT