Skip to main content

Needing Help Paying for Child Care

Paying for child care can be difficult as you look for a job, go to work or go to school to prepare for work. If you are a low income parent there are subsidized child care programs to help pay, fully or partially, for the cost of child care. To be able to benefit from these programs, parents must meet specific requirements depending on each program.

The largest program is CalWORKs Stage 2. If you answer "yes" to all of the questions below, you may be eligible for this program.

  • Are you a current CalWORKs cash grant recipient or have you received the grant within the last 24 months?
  • Are both you and any other adult living in the home working, seeking employment, or enrolled in a vocational training program?
  • Does your family's monthly income fall within these amounts?
  • Do you have a CalWORKs Letter of Discontinuance or a Notice of Action of CalWORKs Discontinuance?

Family Size 1-2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Maximum Gross Monthly Income $5,343 $5,802 $6,719 $7,794 $8,869 $9,070 $9,272 $9,473 9,675 9,876 10,078
  • If your answer is YES to all of the above:

    click here. You will be directed to another page where you can apply for child care subsidies.

  • If your answer is NO to any of the above questions:

    click here to get more information on eligibility for other subsidized child care programs.


Click on a logo to learn about our amazing partnerships

© 2020 Community Child Care Council of Santa Clara County, Inc

Powered by Firespring