As providers have shown a great deal of interest keeping current on the latest safe sleep practices, we wanted to provide you with the Community Care Licensing's most recent Draft Regulations on the topic.
Some examples of sleeping practices proposed include:
- Safe sleep equipment such as cribs or play yards for Family Child Care Homes
- Supervision requirements during the time infants are asleep in Family Child Care Homes
- Clear guidelines surrounding supervision for sleeping infants in Child Care Centers
- Requirements for the safest sleep position for infants
- Removing hazards in the crib while the infant is sleeping
Comments are welcome, as they work to finalize the regulations.
A public hearing is also coming up on September 19 at 10am in Sacramento. To get more details on that, as well as read the full documents on the regulations, please go to: Safe Sleep Regulations